School is back in session. Here at Climate Cycle we’re excited to get back in the swing of things and move forward with another year of our Sustainability Assembly Series.
Have you finished all your preparations? Making back-to-school more green and sustainable is easy:
1. Take some time to go through the school supplies from last year. Reuse what you can (pencils, pens, binders, folders, and especially half-filled notebooks).
2. Buy items like notebooks with a high recycled content (30 percent post consumer recycle content or more).
3. Try reusable containers for lunch, instead of throwaway containers.
4. Want to keep your student hydrated and reduce plastic use? Get them a reusable water bottle.
5. Promote composting at your school.
7. Green your trip to school! We recommend using the clean energy of pedal power or walking power.
The climate will thank you for taking these steps to be the change.
More ideas for greening your back to school list: